Verification & Validation Manager
About The Position
· Reports To : Quality Manager
The Verification and Validation (V&V) Manager is responsible for all aspects of product verification and validation. The end goal is to ensure that products work as expected when they are released to customers or to manufacturing.
At Caja Robotics, Verification refers to all aspects of product testing done at Caja. Verification is often referred to in Caja as “QA”, i.e. Quality Assurance. However, this refers to product development quality assurance only.
Validation refers to all external testing such as regulatory compliance, and the testing of interfacing and compatibility with other systems in the Caja solution.
“Products” refers to both complete products and to software features and versions.
The primary roles of the V&V Manager are as follows:
· Manage regulatory requirements and compliance
· Create product verification and validation test plans and manage the tests execution
· Leading the Hardware and Software verification teams
· Ensure that a documented V&V infrastructure is created, maintained, and improved
The V&V Manager has the following direct reports:
- Hardware QA engineer
- Software QA team leader
- University degree in electronics or mechanical engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience in machine design and development
- At least 3 years’ experience in machine testing, with machines that incorporate electronic controls
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing a V&V team
- At least 3 years’ experience in machine regulatory compliance
- Preference given to candidates with experience in engineering product development
- Preference given to candidates with knowledge of software engineering and software testing methodologies
- Ability to work independently and methodically, to take charge of assignments, and to bring them to successful completion and having proper documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively with people in the organization, including to make presentations to company management
- Positive attitude, non-confrontational
- Ability to communicate in English and Hebrew at a high level: reading, writing, and speaking. (All company documents are in English and are expected to be at a high level.)
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office tools, primarily WORD, Excel and Outlook
- Willingness to learn and openness to ask questions