About The Position
The Quality Manager is responsible for all activities related to product quality assurance. This covers the following main areas of activity:
· Product development quality assurance (QA)
· Supplier QA
· Production QA
· After-market QA
Each of these activities have their own definition. In some, but not all of the cases there are people assigned to fulfilling the requirements of those activities.
The Quality Manager is responsible for defining the goals, objectives and metrics for each activity, methodology for measuring success, mentoring the people responsible, and filling in gaps where resources are not available.
The ultimate goal is to ensure that the primary quality metrics, as defined by company management, are met.
The primary roles of the Quality Manager are as follows:
· Managing and mentoring the Supplier Quality engineer
· Managing and mentoring the Product Development Verification and Validation (V&V) engineer
· Production Quality Assurance
· Nonconformity data gathering and analysis
- University degree in science or engineering
- Certified Manager of Quality (CQM)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Quality Manager role, in a company that designs and builds products, preferably machines
- Experience in Quality Engineering role
- Experience in engineering product development